Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Deep Throat who put the Republicans in Deep Sh*t

"Once the toothpaste is out of the tube it's hard to get it back in."-H.R. Haldeman

No Sh*t Sherlock. Though that does not stop some of the Republican Watergate criminals and their enablers from trying to spin the disclosure of Deep Throat, while trying to distract from the criminal and un-american activities that they commited.
It was interesting to see how criminal minds like G. Gordon Liddy expressed outrage that Deep Throat was actually the second in command at the FBI. Mostly his outrage was because the Republicans in the Whitehouse at the time thought that he was in the pocket of the administration. No honor amoung thieves eh Mr. Liddy?
Born again criminal Chuck Colson also expressed similar shock. Pat Buchanan was outraged that because the Republican criminals got caught before the election it prevented Richard Nixon from winning all 50 states instead of the 49 he won on election day 1972.
I think the lesson of Watergate is best summed up by Jeb Stuart MaGruder who said while confessing to perjury:

"I know what I have done and Your Honor knows what I have done... Somewhere between my ambition and my ideals, I lost my ethical compass."

If only some of the other criminals involved in Watergate would admit what they did. But, it seems fascist like zeal of some of the Republicans involved and the failure to admit their mistakes continues even into the current administration.

No comments: