Thursday, February 01, 2007

Molly Ivans L.I.P.

Molly Ivans died yesterday but, her humor and wit live on. Here are just a few of her quotes as compiled by Joan Johnson Lewis:

I still believe in Hope - mostly because there's no such place as Fingers Crossed, Arkansas.

During a recent panel on the numerous failures of American journalism, I proposed that almost all stories about government should begin: "Look out! They're about to smack you around again!"

I am not anti-gun. I'm pro-knife. Consider the merits of the knife. In the first place, you have to catch up with someone in order to stab him. A general substitution of knives for guns would promote physical fitness. We'd turn into a whole nation of great runners. Plus, knives don't ricochet. And people are seldom killed while cleaning their knives.

I know vegetarians don't like to hear this, but God made an awful lot of land that's good for nothing but grazing


Everyone knows the man has no clue, but no one there has the courage to say it. I mean, good gawd, the man is as he always has been: barely adequate. [on George W. Bush]


Last week, I began a sentence by saying, "If Bush had any imagination ..." and then I hit myself. Silly me.

I don't know where Molly is today Heaven or Hell but, you just know wherever she is she is looking around and making whoever is there including herself laugh. Laugh in Peace Molly.

No comments: