Saturday, February 03, 2007

Time for the stupid bowl again.

It's that time of year again. Time for the stupid bowl. That is if there are not too many players arrested for situations, involving, guns, drugs or hookers before the big game. But, not me I am very happy to ignore the craziness that many Americans are going to participate in this Sunday. I don't follow sports and am constantly amused by those who do. But, this is America and the freedom to waste ones time watching sports on TV is a persons right. Far be it from me to interfere. I have plenty of other things to do than sit passively watching television screens.
Of course many people will also bet on the game. I do look look askance at co-workers who come around with football pools this time of year asking me if I "want to get in on it" as if it's like some secret rigged scheme. I tell them I work too hard for my money to blow it on some borderline criminal athletes. I'll bet on myself because I know what I can and can not do. But, betting on the games like football just seems to be throwing away good money away for no good reason. Of course the government loves sports like football and baseball etc... All the better for them to keep most of the people distracted from what is going on. So go ahead and watch the game if you want. As for me I'll be here watching the news from Washington where the game really affect our lives.

No comments: