Wednesday, February 25, 2009

President Obama's speech and the fiscal reality

Well President Obama has finally pulled out the "hope" speech out of his jacket pocket last night in the address to congress. Here are some of the money quotes:


"As soon as I took office, I asked this Congress to send me a recovery plan by President's Day that would put people back to work and put money in their pockets. Not because I believe in bigger government - I don't. Not because I'm not mindful of the massive debt we've inherited - I am. I called for action because the failure to do so would have cost more jobs and caused more hardships. In fact, a failure to act would have worsened our long-term deficit by assuring weak economic growth for years. That's why I pushed for quick action. And tonight, I am grateful that this Congress delivered, and pleased to say that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act is now law." Yep! It's law alright. Before it was passed Obama was talking fear and "catastrophe". Now that we taxpayers are in hock for a trillion dollars Obama has pulled out the "hope" message out of his pocket. The first money from this bill will be going to the black hole of Medicaid. You know the program that in part pays for the illegal immigrants who use hospital emergency rooms as doctors offices. Hola suckers! How much is this "hope costing us taxpayers? Here is the Obama and Democratic talking point which Obama used again last night:

"Over the next two years, this plan will save or create 3.5 million jobs."

Hmm sounds good until you do the math and see that with a trillion dollar "stimulus bill" that works out to $285,714.00 per job. Oh yeah another thing President Obama and the Dems forget to tell us. That since there was no E-Verify provision in the Stimulus Bill it means that those jobs may not all go to U.S. citizens but, illegal immigrants could be hired to work on those infrastructure construction projects too. Hola Suckers again!

No comments: