Saturday, April 17, 2010

I GOT YOUR EARTH DAY RIGHT HERE!

The fortieth anniversary of Earth Day is coming up. Who can be against that? Unfortunately, the Liberals have a misguided and expensive view on what it takes to go green. Much like their view that more money for education will make our education system better. Recovering Liberals like me have awakened to the fact that this is not the case. I'm glad to see there are others like me who are doing good for themselves and the Earth at the same time without buying into the Liberal Green Snake Oil that Obama and the other Liberal environmental groups keep pushing at taxpayer expense. People like writer Jeff Yeager. Here is a literal green money quote from Jeff:

For most Americans, the greenest thing you can do is consume less, which probably means spending less. I think there's some hypocrisy in the current green movement, even though I've been an ardent environmentalist my whole adult life. I fear that the so-called green movement is catching on now because there's a bunch of cool, expensive green stuff we can by. It's become what I call a "cause de stuff." Much of the current environmental movement in the U.S. seems to be built around the very thing it should be seeking to combat ... rampant consumerism. Take green cleaning products. They tend to be more expensive than the toxic products. But you can clean almost everything with baking soda and vinegar, which are safer for the environment than green products and cost less than any other cleaning products, green or toxic.


Being Green does not have to cost a lot of money. Maybe the half billion dollars in Stimulus money that the Obama administration gave to Tesla Motors could have better been spent elsewhere rather than giving them taxpayer dollars to allow that company to develop a $100,000 electric sports car so that Hollywood Liberal "elites" can flaunt how green they are when they drive them. As for me I go green in my own way and I don't use Federal Government tax breaks or subsidies to do it.



Like the conversion of my Tensor desk lamp to LED'S.



The conversion not only helps me go green by using less energy it helps me add more green to my wallet because it saves me money. Something the Liberals need to keep in mind before they keep proposing more expensive government "green" programs.

No comments: