Sunday, June 19, 2005

Murdoch + Microsoft = Corporate Censorship

I will be heading to China this week as a tourist. I've been watching an interesting news story this week. Traveling from the "land of the free" I wonder if I will be asked how American corporations like Microsoft can allow governments to demand censorship of internet service providers like MSN.
It's nothing new. I recalled how corporate leaders like Rupert Murdoch who runs News Corp owner of the Bush butt kissing Fox News Channel also let governments like China's dictate the removal of news services like the BBC (which was critical of China) from their program lineup in order to receive government approval to expand his satellite empire. It seems the word freedom does not carry much weight in the corporate offices of Microsoft or News Corp.

No comments: