Monday, October 30, 2006

A Roving Democrat.

The Washington Post has an article today about Karl Rove and the up coming election. There was this quote that stood out to me:

"There are two questions. Is Rove just acting cocky as a way of lifting GOP morale, or does he really believe it? And, if the latter, is he deluding himself, or does he once again know something that Democrats do not?"

I think it may be that Rove may know something the Democrats don't. While the Democrats are reading their own press releases about how they are set to win both houses of Congress on November 7th. Rove may be counting voters like me lifelong registered Democratic voters who will be voting Republican at the national level this November for the first time. It is ironic to me to be doing this. But, while I would vote against George Bush in a heartbeat I find that my current Congressman Democrat Tim Bishop on Long Island is actually agreeing with President Bush's position on illegal immigration. So I will be voting for the Republican candidate Italo Zanzi in the upcoming election. But, when I think about it beyond partisan politics I am actually voting against George Bush by voting Republican. Politics does indeed make strange bedfellows.

No comments: