Saturday, October 28, 2006

World Series of Death

I woke up to dreay stormy day here on Long Island. I turned on the radio to WCBS one of the all news stations here in the New York area and the top story was that some team won the World Series. Another item was about another unamed U.S. soldier who became the 97th casualty in Iraq in October. I don't follow sports or the entertainment industry and really could care less about who won the world series or which movie made number one at the box office this weekend. But, I keep thinking about that unamed soldier who died in Iraq and also thinking about Rudyard Kipling:

If any question why we died, Tell them, because our fathers lied. – Rudyard Kipling

As I don't follow sports but, I wonder what inning it is in the World Series of Death taking place in Iraq. I want it to end soon because I'm not sure anybody is ever going to win anyway.

No comments: