Thursday, August 16, 2007

Eyes in the sky?

The Bush administration has approved a plan to expand domestic access to some of the most powerful tools of 21st-century spycraft, giving law enforcement officials and others the ability to view data obtained from satellite and aircraft sensors that can see through cloud cover and even penetrate buildings and underground bunkers.-Washington Post

"Administration officials say the program will give domestic security and emergency preparedness agencies new capabilities in dealing with a range of threats, from illegal immigration and terrorism to hurricanes and forest fires."

Well, if these satellites can help the Federal Government find the illegal immigrants who are currently hiding in plain sight in our communities that would be a good thing.

I'm sure these satellites are good enough to read the license plates on cars and even bumper stickers. So maybe Michael Chertoff and others in Homeland Security will get the message.






Perhaps this new satellite technology will be able to read the messages on T shirts too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There it is: I love my country but I'm afraid of the government. Thank you. I've been trying to identify my anxiety, and this sums it up perfectly.
I came to your site from 631politics because I respect that you have been proactive and intelligent in trying to do something about the immigration problem. I don't get involved because, well, I'm afraid of the government. I had an encounter with the police some years ago, and it destroyed my confidence in the system. But more to the point, I can't believe my community elected a mayor whose drug rehab defrauded Medicaid out of millions of dollars. How can we elect officials who are corrupt in business? Doesn't anyone pay attention? The government (and the cops) will rabidly go after private citizens who don't have a raft of lawyers on retainer, but the big guys get to hide behind their corporations and go on to become civic leaders. The public is blind, and God help us all with these cameras in the sky. I'm very, very afraid.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments and stopping by. I am glad that you are thinking about getting involved. Even just paying attention to what is going on is more than most people do. For many years we were only told what our governments and the mainstream media wanted to tell us. Now thanks to the internet they both have lost the total control of information on what is going on in our neighborhoods and our nation. Everyone of us has the power to shape the government and remove from office those that abuse their power. To me it's not about one political party or another. It's about what is right and best for the community and the country. I am glad to see you are getting outraged as I am. Unfortuntely, things are so out of hand in some areas that it is going to take all of our efforts to get things back on track. Keep staying informed and involved!