Monday, May 19, 2008

ICE making things hot.

I rejoice when I read stories about immigration raids by ICE like this one. Because it shows me that after years of inaction that the Federal Government may actually working to enforce our immigration laws. Here are some more of the money quotes:

"I like my job. I like my work. I like it here in Iowa," said Escobedo, 38, an illegal immigrant from Yescas, Mexico, who has raised his three children for 11 years in Postville. "Are they mad because I'm working?"

No stupido we are mad because you are working here illegally and because you have no respect for our laws. Why don't you go look and see how your Mexican government treats illegal workers.

"Half of the school system's 600 students were absent Tuesday, including 90 percent of Hispanic children, because their parents were arrested or in hiding."

And the problem is? Just think of the savings to local taxpayers if those here illegally no longer have to be educated on the U.S. taxpayers dime.

No comments: