Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Bringing out the dead on TV.

I left Washington yesterday afternoon. I thought the 5:10 Amtrak might have been packed because of the wall to wall coverage of Gerald Ford's funeral. Thankfully, it was not. That's the trouble with television coverage of events like Fords funeral in Washington. You do not always get a true perspective of events. Tight camera shots can give the impression that thousands and thousands of people line the streets or the pews. Leading one to believe that streets will be packed and traffic snarled. TV news can be sometimes create an illusion for us viewers.
One interesting shot I did see on TV yesterday was watching Bush's legal water boy Alberto R(aza) Gonzales siting in the seat behind Bill and Hillary Clinton. Gonzales body language was fascinating to watch as he strained to over hear the conversation between the Clintons . Not since J. Edgar Hoover have we had an administration official who wishes to snoop into the lives of American citizens more than Gonzales. I was amused by this shot.
After the extended coverage of Ford's funeral (which I think even Ford would have said enough already) following on the weekend reports of Saddam Hussein's hanging and the funeral of James Brown all I can say is:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE.

No comments: