Friday, March 09, 2007

Another death by illegal immigration.

I hope New Haven, Connecticut Mayor Destefano who just made New Haven a "Sanctuary City" for illegal immigrants read this story in the city's local paper. Here are the money quotes:

"New Haven man who may be an illegal immigrant is being held in lieu of $1 million bail for the vehicular death of West Haven minister Alan B. Broome, whom state police say he hit Feb. 5 while driving the wrong way on Interstate 91. "
Israel Quintero, 29, of 981 Ella Grasso Blvd., was released from Yale-New Haven Hospital Monday morning and was immediately arrested for second-degree manslaughter while intoxicated and a host of other charges, said state police Lt. J. Paul Vance.
"We believe he’s here improperly," Vance said."


Improperly? Lieutenant Vance! How about illegally! Or maybe that's offensive to the pro illegal advocates in New Haven and Mayor Destefano

"Alan Broome’s wife, Renee Broome of West Haven, became angry Monday when she heard the man who allegedly killed her husband of nine years may not be a legal citizen.
"I’m shocked. I’m really shocked. When I heard he was here illegally, it put more fuel on the fire. Everybody has the right to be here, but do it the legal way. He took my life from me, my livelihood, my spiritual partner," Renee Broome said of her husband."


I wonder if Mayor Destefano just looks upon the death Alan Broome as part of the cost of having illegal immigrants in New Haven. With his approval of the Sanctuary policy he will certainly being seeing more of them and maybe more deaths of legal Connecticut citizens.

No comments: