Friday, April 22, 2005

BACK ON LAND AGAIN

It's been two days since I arrived back to Isle of Long after twenty two day trip around the Caribbean Sea aboard a container ship. It was twenty two days without cable news, newspapers, radio etc.. The only news I received while onboard was that the Pope had died.
The trip was relaxing and the main reason for taking it was to have undisturbed time to work on a documentary and book on a certain aspect of New York maritime history. I lugged two shopping bags full of documents, charts and photos with me from New York to New Orleans to Houston and other than getting them in chronological order I had just just barely scratched the surface of my project when it was time to leave the ship.
As I slowly work my way back into the news cycles I am relieved that it appears things have not gotten worse in the world.

No comments: