Friday, April 29, 2005

Bush got it right.

I think one of the more important quotes from President Bush at last nights Press Conference was this:

"As I said, I think faith is a personal issue. And I take great strength from my faith. But I don't condemn somebody in the political process because they may not agree with me on religion.
The great thing about America is that you should be allowed to worship any way you want. And if you chose not to worship, you're equally as patriotic as somebody who does worship. And if you choose to worship, you're equally American if you're a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim. And that's the wonderful thing about our country and that's the way it should be. "

Somebody please help Senator Frisk, Tom Delay, Rev. Dobson and a few others of the radical Christian right, up off the floor as I believe the rug has just been pulled out from underneath them. Bush got the role for religion in the American political process right on the mark and right in the center with that statement.

No comments: