Saturday, June 27, 2009

Stepping out with the CAPITOL STEPS



A number of years ago I visited the Washington Office of my Senator the once honorable Alphonse D'Amato to express my opposition to the Shoreham Nuclear Power Plant.. There I was greeted by one of the Senator's senior staffers Elaina Newport. A woman who looked familiar. Back then she looked an awful lot like Ann Coulter. Come to think of it I have never seen a picture of them together. But, it was only later that I realized that Ms. Newport was a member of the Washington D.C. based satirical comedy troupe The Capitol Steps. Since I'm working out of the BCP Washington Bureau for the next week we decided to go see the Steps at The Ronald Reagan Center where they preform every Friday and Saturday night. I was not disappointed. Even better the show we were attending was being taped for the Capitol Steps Fourth of July radio show on NPR next weekend. So check your local listings you might hear me and the rest of the audience having a good laugh and you will too!

No comments: