Monday, July 03, 2006

The American treadmill.

An interesting article about money in today's Washington Post about Warren Buffet giving 30 billion dollars of his money to charity and it also explores the the difference between life and money. I kind of semi retired five years ago from a full time job and currently only work about three days week. Mostly to be able to afford healtcare coverage as I am way to young Medicaid, Social Security etc... Yes I make less money but, have more time for truly living a life. My heart goes out to my co-workers on the American treadmill. You can see the stress and strain of them trying to keep up as the rug slowly gets pulled out from under them. I think of the people who I have known who retired and had maybe three or four years of retirement before death rang their doorbell. I sometimes jokingly remind co-workers to "grab life by the collar wrestle it to the ground and yell give me all you got now!" That's what I try to do as much as possible.

No comments: