Wednesday, February 06, 2008

My Super Tuesday and my right to write in

I traveled back from Washington D.C. to come vote in the Democratic primary here in New York. I was not looking forward to it. Because I knew I could not bring myself to vote for either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama. I was trying to decide on which of the other candidates who were still listed on the ballot I would vote for. It was a toss up between John Edwards or Joe Biden, I was leaning toward Joe Biden because I like his foreign policy talk and besides I had shaken hands with him soon after he announced. But, when I got to the polling place I decided to see to see if I could do a write in. This caused all kinds of confusion amoung the election workers. Finally someone said I could. OK, I said what do I need to do? You need to do it in the machine was the response. All right how do I do that? Again blank stairs and no reponse. I asked again what do I need to do?
Finally a poll worker came up to me and told me not tell anyone that I told you this but, you lift up one of the panels on the top row and write the name in there. So that's what I did. I lifted the metal panel and there on the blank space I wrote in Lou Dobbs. I left feeling much better about voting than when I arrived.

No comments: