Sunday, February 10, 2008

The stimulation and anger of the American voter

"In a Gallup poll last month, only 24 percent of Americans said they were satisfied with the state of the country -- one of the lowest readings ever recorded. And it's not just George W. Bush they're mad at. Public approval ratings for the Democratic-controlled Congress are even lower than the president's. According to a 2006 poll taken by my former firm, Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates, 61 percent of voters say the two major parties are failing, and a survey last year by the Republican pollster Frank Luntz showed that 81 percent of voters would consider voting for an independent this year. "-Washington Post

I am not sure why voters like me are so angry. Despite paying taxes to the Federal Government to help protect the United States I still have hundreds of illegal immigrants standing around my neighborhood every morning. I have a choice of three "front running " candidates who look like they will not improve this situation. I pay my bills on time, paid off my school, home and credita cards. I pay as I go. But, even though the recently passed "stimulis" bill will give checks to most taxpayers and increase U.S. debt which I will also pay for. I will not be receiving a check. Here is the money quote:

"Voters today aren't just fed up with the status quo; they're furious."

Ya think?
-


No comments: