Saturday, January 21, 2006

Fill er up suckers!

I travel about six minutes to work and that is only three days a week. So I don't use much gasoline in the car. I may fill the tank up once every several weeks. Last night coming back from dinner in the Cleveland Park neighborhood of DC with the needle on "E" it was once again time to fill up. Thirty Four dollars later the twelve gallon tank was filled and my wallet a little emptier. I recall in the not to distant past $18.00 would top it off. I won't be back at the pump for three or four weeks unlike many of my fellow Americans where weekly fillups are the norm. As the Washington Post reports "Republican lawmakers who are home for a long January break said constituents are talking a great deal about high gas prices... " The reason for this is they are reminded every week at the pump how much they are paying. Well, what do they expect when Bush and Cheney two people from the oil industry are running things in the executive branch. Yes indeed fill er up suckers!

No comments: