Thursday, March 16, 2006

MY OIL WELL.

Well it seems like there is a little extra oil laying around these days to which I say fine. Let the Oil execs in Houston drink it. I'm doing my best to make them drown in it. Let me tell you about MY oil well. Back in the mid eighties I installed a solar hot water system on my roof here in central Long Island. It worked pretty good for about ten years helping to supplement my hot water needs. Then it stopped working but, with my 12 hour work days and single lifestyle I really did not use that much hot water if I was home. I never did bother to repair it. Then came Katrina and the Oil companies jacking up the gasoline prices and profits and the natural gas industry jumping on the band wagon..
It was then I decided to look at the those dorment solar hot water panels on the roof. I ran some new wire to the photovolatic panel that runs the pump, replaced the antifreeze in the collector loop and also removed the insulation from the pipes that ran through the upstairs and downstairs closets. I made a homemade air to air heat exchanger using some PVC piping from Home Depot and some 12 dc fans. As I write this at 9:16 in the morning there is 84 F degree air being pumped into my house and I'm telling Chevron to shove it as well as the other energy companies.

No comments: