Friday, March 31, 2006

Back to Washington

Well it was a nice warm day on the Isle of Long. I went to a local political office to see what it would take to mount a primary challange to my Congressman. But, I got no answer to my question. I then went over to my Congressman's local office and spent 45 minutes walking out in front an questioning his position of amnesty for illegal immigrants and how he would be screwing the middle class taxpayers. I figured I need the exercise and I might as well let his office know there are some constiuents who are really pissed at his position.
Two guys came up to me one gringo and one hispanic from the garden store next to his office they read my sign. The gringo motioned to his hispanic coworker and jokenly said can he hold you sign? He added that he had a green card. To which I said welcome my friend. I have no problem with workers who who have entered the country legally.
Well it's time to get to bed and head back to DC. I'm hoping to get some of that $2.36 gallon of gasoline on the New Jersey Turnpike as it's about $2.65 here on Long Island. I'm also looking to make an early morning breakfast stop at Helen's Sausage House in Smyrna Delaware for a breakfast sandwhich and a Pork Chop sandwich to go. Sure good eatin'!

No comments: