Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Speaking of Taxis...

I am reminded of another cab ride here in DC when an immigrant Hispanic driver was talking about how he left LA because there was too much competition from the other illegal immigrants. At some point in the ride he broke some traffic law but, nonchalantly remarked if the pull me over I just say nolo comprende and act like I don't know the language. Meanwhile the Senate looks like it is planning on passing the flawed Spector Amnesty bill to allow immigrants like this DC cab driver citizenship. I'm sure he will be saying Hola Suckers if the Senate passes the Spector Amnesty bll.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

by the way HISPANIC is a term created in the mid 70s by the census bureau. I bet you wouldn't complain if met my blond hair, blue eyed Mexican cousins were driving... what a bunch of one-sided racist dribble this blog is

Capt. Mike said...

Anonymous

Being concerned about secure U.S. borders is not racism. Ever look into what Mexico does to Central American immigrants caught in Mexico? Or the double standard between Mexico's North and Southern border security? Are you concerned about that! Not really I bet.