Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

The alarm went off at 5 am and I wake up in an angry mood. I'm not angry because unlike most of America I have to work this "holiday" weekend. I'm angry thinking about our soldiers in places like Iraq and I'm also thinking about the ones who have died. But, I'm not angry at the soldiers I'm angry at the politicians in Washington. I always cringe and get angry whenever some idiot like George Bush or John McCain says "We are fighting them there so we don't have to fight them here." I then look around my community and see so hundreds of illegals standing around on street corners looking for work. But, I'm really not angry at them either. Even though they have crossed the U.S. border and traveled 1500 miles to stand on those street corners. My anger is that we have sent troops over to Iraq and they continue to die to "protect" America and an illiterate illegal immigrant can cross our borders and travel thousands of miles into the country stand around on street corners and the U.S. government does nothing. If an undereducated illegal can do it so can anyone else too. Including the terrorist the soldiers in Iraq are fighting. Yeah, so I am in an angry mood waking up thinking about this situation. But, as angry as I am I am also thinking about the families who have lost loved ones fighting this war. I doubt my anger can match the feeling of sadness they wake up with this Memorial Day.

2 comments:

steve smith said...

Come on my friend...did you forget about the Mexican nationals who aren't even U.S. citizens that are fighting in Iraq for America because not enough "White Americans" will sign up to go fight for our very own country. Yes, look it up...there are several thousands of Mexican citizens who are in the U.S. Army who can't speak english that well but they're in Iraq fighting for our freedoms. So get off your high horse and remember that's always more to one side of the story.

Capt. Mike said...

There is no doubt that people from other countries can join the the U.S. military. My friend Jorge was one such individual. But and you need to read this REAL SLOW:
"Non-citizens can join the U.S. armed forces but only if they have already obtained permanent legal residency, otherwise known as having a "green card."